Full course description
Welcome to KidInnovator - Free Activity
In the KidInnovator Free Activity students investigate the role that networking, personality, and self-reflection play in the innovation and entrepreneurship processes on their way to becoming a BOSS.
- Pacing: Depending on your class size and schedule, the free unit will cover three to five hours of instruction
- Materials Required: Aside from paper for the students' use, everything you need is right here.
- Classroom Outcomes:
- Students will be able to describe the importance of networking as a tool for social and professional connection building.
- Students will practice appropriate interactions intended to form deeper social connections, including handshakes.
- Students will investigate and discuss the personality and qualities of entrepreneurs as well as work to evaluate their own personalities
- Students will get an introduction to the process of innovation and idea development.
- Teacher Facilitation: The teacher is the facilitator as students drive the innovation and entrepreneurial process
Interested in the Full Toolkit?
WORKS IN ALL CLASSROOMS
- Turn-key and ready to use
- Works in-person and virtually
- Perfect for careers, business, and technology courses, but can be incorporated into any subject area
- Flexibility to fit your needs: Adaptable as a short unit, semester-long course, or one-off activity (Great option for Fun Friday activities!)
- Cross-curricular learning
EQUIPS STUDENTS WITH FUTURE READY SKILLS
- Individualized learning that sparks innovation and imaginative thinking
- Focuses on problem and project-based learning to excite learners
- Utilizes hands-on and team activities to boost communication skills and confidence
- Prepares students for future business, innovation, and entrepreneurship courses
- Transferable skills for college and career readiness
CREATES A CUTTING-EDGE CLASSROOM
- Ties to invention, design thinking, and entrepreneurship education
- Empowers students to be their own boss
- Places students and educators on the forefront of where education is going
- Sparks interest and connections with local business community
- Taps into students’ passions and skills
- Real-world application- students see their ideas turn into businesses and invention
DON'T TAKE IT FROM US, TAKE IT FROM REAL KIDINNOVATOR TEACHERS
“These materials provide differentiation and student agency at its finest! The modules build student independence and confidence as they realize their ideas hold power to the world around them! At the heart of it, these modules are supporting the growth of employable, autonomous, connected, problem solvers!” -Reagan Boeset, Elementary Principal, Iowa City Community School District, and former Middle School STEM Teacher
“Simply put, KidInnovator is FUN! Students get to explore their ideas and create something that excites them. KidInnovator Toolkit has helped me engage even the most challenging learners in my classroom. I recommend KidInnovator Toolkit to any and all middle-grade teachers looking to immerse their students in the world of entrepreneurship!” -Jade Peterson, Virtual Middle School Science Teacher, Des Moines Public School District, and KidInnovator Camp Lead Teacher
Learn more about the KidInnovator full toolkit at https://jacobsoninstitute.org/kidinnovator/curriculum-toolkit